SCORM 2004 Sequencing

Mar 12, 2014

I am currently working on a multi-sco course, where each Storyline module is it's own sco. On the last page of a module, I would like to be able to prompt the user to continue to the next sco.

So far I've added a button that executes the following JavaScript:

SCORM2004_CallSetValue("adl.nav.request","continue");

I haven't had any luck with this so far. Is there a better to go about doing this, or has anyone had any luck using sequencing with storyline? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,

Andrew

10 Replies
Andrew Schmitt

Hi Kath. Sorry for the late response in getting back to you - but to keep a long story short, I didn't have much success. 

Part of the problem I had was sending external calls manually to the LMS, and the other part is that there is not much support for SCORM 2004 4th Edition in general. I believe the best approach to take would be to load up single SCO courses and make your LMS handle how each SCO is unlocked. 

Kenneth Weaver

Sorry for digging up an old post, but I was having this exact same issue and had to figure it out myself in Storyline 2. The javascript code is very close to what Andrew attempted:

parent.SCORM2004_CallSetValue('adl.nav.request','continue');

For my team's project, this was added as a trigger on the next button at the last screen, followed immediately by a trigger to exit, properly telling our LMS to run the next SCO.

Hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.