SCORM Activity Management with LMS (Moodle 3)
A typical course with three parts:
I am wondering in the sense of a student learning experience:
- Before course completing: browse content, take quiz until pass and complete the survey afterwards
- After course completed: launch the course in review mode:
- browse content for reference as needed
- quiz and survey should not in the normal flow, i.e. press next button
Current setting for LMS: one attempt, force complete
Current setting in storyline 2: single scence, scorm 1.2, pass/incomplete
- Course first launch: new attempt, everything works fine
- Resume incomplete attempt, everything works fine
- Resume complete attempt in review mode: student can click resume or restart. Any logic in storyline can tell if the course did completed already?
In my understanding, when the scorm 1.2 course starts in LMS, storyline 2 won't know if the course is in Scenario 1, 2 or 3 but just having the variables value to check (either started new or resume with the values from the LMS), quiz variable Results.PassPercent, Results.ScorePercent and survey variable Results2.Passed.
In storyline 2, I can use the variables to control the logic whether the quiz or survey should be presented if student click resume. Should multiple scenes be the best practice for this?
HOWEVER, if student click "NO", all variables are reset. I know there is setting in storyline 2 player to set always resume. This is a trade off if the student would like to browse from the beginning.
I wonder if best practice should use the storyline or LMS' feature to track the completeness of the activity learning. SHOULD I:
- make three scenes in storyline 2 (content, quiz and survey) if LMS can track the individual scence's completness
- make three individual scorm (content, quiz and survey)
Finally, how to control the activity sequence in the LMS, e.g. if everything incomplete, content => quiz => survey. If everything complete, content can be access, quiz optional review and survey should not be presented in general.