Screen Recording

May 18, 2016

My screen recording only saves the first frame in Storyline 2. Is there a setting I need to change to be able to record and playback a sequence? 

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Matthew,

What are you trying to record? Are you seeing this in view mode on a single slide or in the step by step mode? If you're recording in a web browser, you'll want to record in Internet Explorer as it will report the most data.  

Perhaps you could share a bit more information about what set up you're using in terms of Storyline version and update and then what you're trying to record. You'll also want to make sure that you're working on local project files as detailed here as working off a network drive is known to cause issues. 

Matthew Holman

Thanks for the replay Ashley. You have provided some ideas to research. I am using Storyline 2.0 and update 8 (just installed). I am able to capture a PowerPoint sequence in step-by-step mode with success. However, when attempting to capture the intended software for an eLearning tutorial, I'm only able to capture a "User Screenshot" regardless of the recording setting. A coworker is able to capture the sequence I need without difficulty so I am just importing her file into my project. It may very well be the network issue you mentioned but for now I have a working solution. Thanks for the recommendations.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.