Screen recording

May 08, 2014

I am getting a noise interference when doing a screen recording in Storyline. Sound like a systems conflict (best way I have of describing it) I am using Parallels virtual machine on Mac. Any thoughts on this

It doesn't occur when using Articulate Player.

Also does anyone have a fix for only being able to record audio through the built in default microphone and not being able to use a plug in Mike when doing screen recording. Again this is associated with the Parallels virtual machine on my MacBook Pro

2 Replies
Mike Jones

Hi Peter,

I have a similar set-up to yours, except my virtual machine is on an iMac. Anyways, I've been troubleshooting screen recording issues with my installations of Storyline and Replay, I found this article about using Articulate Software with Parrallels that gives some crucial information.

I also started seeing a pop-up within Parrallells telling me that I must have Windows drivers for both my onboard iSight camera and microphone. Parrallells doesn't bridge the gap between the Mac version of the driver and your virtual machine. The tricky part that I'm having is locating an .exe version of the drivers now that Apple has moved to a "digital-only" distribution model for their software. Parrallels says that they should be found on the installation disc...but without having a disc in the first place, it's proving to be a challenge.

My first recommendation is making sure that you have all of the necessary Windows versions of drivers installed on your virtual machine. I think that may be at the root of the glitches that we're seeing while recording screens, and the hardware compatibility issues - it would make sense that if Windows can't "see" the device properly, then it wouldn't be an option to use in the software.

Hope it helps, let me know if you find any leads on the drivers!

Peter Tranter

Michael, appreciate you responding, Replay is fine only happening with Storyline (Storyline works well outside of this)

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the Parallels tools still the same.

At the moment I will do my screen recording using Replay, a little more to do but might also get more control.

I will check out your links re Parrallels,

Agin thanks for your feed back

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.