Sick and tired from crashing storyline 360

Jan 13, 2023

For software that is so expensive, I expect it to work and not lose hours of work all the time. I'm frustrated with crashes while you are working. Getting a locked project and losing a lot of work all the time. Brand new superfast computer with a lot of memory, so that is not the cause.

5 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Tom,

I'm so sorry to hear you're running into difficulties while working with Storyline 360. I understand your frustration. I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot. 

I have a few questions in order to better assist you: 

1. Are you saving your files locally?
    • We typically recommend saving to your C: Drive. 
  2. What type of machine are you working on?
  3. Have you tried a repair of Storyline 360? The article linked walks you through the steps. 

I'd recommend updating Storyline to the most recent version, as we have released a new version today: Storyline 360 (Build 3.71.29339.0).

Additionally, I'd like to share this article with you:

If you are still running into difficulty, we'd be happy to take a closer look at your specific project files within a support case.

Please let us know your findings so we can help you troubleshoot!

Tom Bos

Hi Luciana, I have a brand new Asus computer with high specs.

This is a nightmare. And if I google, I'm not the only one.

Articulate storyline crashes all the time while copying or editing. So then I'm saving all the time. saving goes slowly, so it costs time.

Then I want to save my work again then I get this error. (see screenshot) With a bullsh*t remark about my memory while a lot of memory is available.  AGAIN MY WORK IS GONE@!!!

This is so frustrating, my blood pressure is sky-high from anger. I can not finish my work like this. 

Really pissed of

Alan Sodenkamp

Diarmaid Collins

Hi Tom. Genuinely feel your pain. Join us here, where we have a support group for high blood pressure cardio-compromised build developers from working with this software...

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/64-bit-storyline-360

Feel free to vent amongst like-minded individuals.

John Morgan

Hi Alan,

I'm so sorry Storyline keeps crashing! I understand your frustration. I have opened a support case on your behalf. You may have seen the support email that was sent. Our support engineers will be in contact soon to help you through this issue.

Thanks for your patience as we troubleshoot this for you!

Tom Bos

Haha, thank you for the link. After a while, you get to know the situations where you might get a crash. So use the save button. Then a crash and the file is locked. Have to copy the file to another location. Still, got the message the file was locked. Reboot the computer, ha lucky me, the program is running again. Lost work, and there we start again. It is no fun working like this.