Simple Navigation not working in Storyline 360 for me.

Jun 10, 2018

Hello,

I'm new to Storyline. All I'm trying to do is not have a menu and just have a linear course where users can hit prev and next buttons. I broke the course into scenes so I could preview sections when I was working on the course. I then linked the scenes to each other in a linear fashion so it would just go in order. However, when I test the course, it is preventing me from going back through the entire course. It goes through previous and next within the scenes just fine, but when I go back to another scene, it only goes back one slide and then I'm stuck in a loop. It gives me the same behavior when I tried using the menu. What am i doing wrong?

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Samantha and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Sorry to hear that you've run into some trouble with navigating your course.

The previous button works like your browser back button and will navigate you to the last slide you viewed vs the previous slide in the linear structure.

Do the end/beginning slides in the scenes have triggers to go to next/prev scenes? If you need us to take a look at your .story file, please feel free to share.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Sindhu and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

The previous and next buttons are for the entire slide. If you wish to navigate across layers using these buttons as well, you will need to set up variables and triggers to do so.

Based on your layout, it may be easier to just set up those layers as slides and then the navigation will work as you expect.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.