SL 3 Upgrade to 360

Jan 10, 2024

Hello everyone!

I am looking into upgrading from SL3 to 360. We have 1,000's of lectures that have been built using SL3. If I were to upgrade would I need to republish all the past lectures in 360 to give them the same look and feel? Also, are there any formatting issues or anything that happens when moving a previously built course in SL3 to 360? I appreciate the knowledge of those that have done this upgrade! Pros/Cons... Was it worth it? TIA!

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

I never had any issues opening a SL3 file in SL360 and then editing and republishing it. And I think you'll be thrilled with the extra features available in SL360 (and all of Articulate 360).

The default Modern Player in SL360 is quite different from the Classic Player of SL3. But SL360 includes the Classic Player, so you could keep that "look and feel" if you want to. 

Then again, you might want to consider slowly moving the courses to the more modern look, which also has more accessibility features. Or you might decide that some courses should be redone in Rise. 

Bottom line: go for the upgrade!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Annette,

Glad to see you getting help from the talented members of our community!

To answer your question, yes you will need to republish all of your Storyline 3 files if you are planning to upgrade them to Storyline 360. Here's everything you need to know about upgrading projects to the latest version of Storyline 360: 

Let me know if you need anything else!