SL 360 Audio Editor Jumps When Selecting Waveform

Hello all,

I've been having an issue with the audio editor. When I try to highlight part of the waveform and delete a bit, the index point jumps to someplace else. This makes the editor very difficult to use. I spend a lot of time trying to find where I am along the timeline both before and after I--finally--make a cut. I was hoping not to have to take the extra time to export, edit in another program, reimport, etc. but it is turning out to be the faster choice.

Does anyone know how to stop this behavior?

I've included a short screen vid.

--Allen

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Allen,

We just released another update for Storyline 360 today, and it includes a fix for the Audio Editor and waveform synchronization. 

If you haven't already, click the Update button for each application in the Desktop App, and open Storyline 360 again. 

Let me know if you're still having this problem after updating!

David Cook

Just a note that this behavior is still happening post-update. It's still very frustrating, and it has happened for me in Storyline 2 and in 360, for a very long time, on multiple machines. It happened all the way back in 2013, and it's still happening in 2017. I just export audio now because I can't select anything accurately in Storyline's waveform editor. The editing point jumps around every third or fourth time I click.