SL 360 - closing layers with the player next button

Feb 11, 2019

Hello! Is there anyway to close a layer with the player next button? 

6 Replies
Lora Alston

Hi Wendy, Thanks. I know how to add a trigger on a base layer but when i have a slide that has multiple layers, how do you use the default next button on the player to move back to close that layer and go to the main layer? I have it setup with a button that i created to close that layer but i wanted to see if i could remove that button and make it use the default next button. Is that possible?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Lora!

It sounds like you want to use the player Next button for multiple tasks:

• Hide several layers
  • Jump to next slide 

The player Next button can be triggered to perform one of those things, but not all of them. In this scenario, it would be best to add a custom "Go Back" button to your layers, which is triggered to hide the layer when clicked.

Walt Hamilton

Yes,

If you want it to hide all layers, then jump to next slide:

Create a slide layer with nothing on it. Set its property to hide other layers. Give it a trigger to hide itself when its timeline starts. Add a trigger to the Next button to show that layer. Place this trigger before the jump to next slide trigger. This will work regardless of which, or how many layers are open.

If you want to close the layers, but not jump to a different slide:

Create the layer and triggers as above, but disable or delete the "jump to next slide" trigger, which is automatically created with the Next button. This will work regardless of which, or how many layers are open, giving the illusion that the user is visiting multiple slides, yet going on to the original location when they click the Next button.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.