SL 360" Game in middle of quiz questions removes Submit from quiz questions

Apr 04, 2023

Hi, I have a series of quizzes and when I insert a game (created in Articulate SL) before a question,  the questions following the game flip from having a Submit button to showing Prev/Next - you can actually see it happen onscreen - the quiz Submit button fades from Submit to Prev/Next.  When the game is at the end this does not happen. Not sure what is going on, does anyone have any insight.   Thank you.

5 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Ange,

I understand that your submit buttons are changing to the previous/next buttons on the questions following the game you added. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why those buttons are changing in Storyline 360!  I have a couple of follow-up questions regarding the setup of your file so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

• Which version of Storyline are you using? I am using Storyline version 3.74.30180.0.
  • Is the game inserted between two quizzes or in the middle of one quiz?
  • Have you checked the slide navigation controls in the slide properties? Is the submit box checked for each of the questions having the issue?

I’ve attached a Story file that I created in Storyline 360. I created a quiz and put a slide in the middle of the question. When I preview the file the submit buttons still appear on all the questions Do you mind opening it into Storyline 360 on your end to see if you notice the same behavior?

Also, would you be willing to share your file here or with our support engineers privately in a support case?

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

Ange CM

Hi John, Thank you,

In response to your questions:
Same version.
Game is in the middle of quiz questions.
Quiz questions appear before and after the game.
Quiz questions before the game work fine all have Submit. Quiz questions that appear after the game change from Submit to Prev/Next (Prev/Next is not checked only Submit is) . You can see the Submit button for a fraction of a second then it fades and is replaced by Prev/Next.

The game has a layer that contains score and feedback, This has a continue button onscreen (no prev/next buttons checked, no submit)  the 'continue' button onscreen, when clicked,  takes the viewer to the next quiz question.

The game does have a lot of variables could that create a problem?

All Submit buttons appear and stay onscreen when the game is moved to appear at the end of all quiz questions.

Eric Santos

Hi Ange,

Thanks for providing additional details! I ran some tests on John's sample Storyline project above and did not see an issue with the Submit button. After I clicked Next on the slide in the middle of the quiz, the next quiz slide displayed a Submit button as expected. Do you see the same results on your end using John's file?

Can you also share your Storyline file with us so we can look closely at what you have set up? You may also share it with us privately by sending it along here. We'll delete it when we're done testing!

I appreciate your patience!

Ange CM

Hi Eric, Thank you.
John's 'game' is just a slide with 'game' written on it, it has no variables, triggars what have you that I was thinking may be causing the problem. I will send my file as I am very curious why the game would cause Submit to change to Prev/Next in the quiz question immediately following the 'game'.  It may be a week or so as I am super busy right now, but I would love to find out why.

Thank you!