SL 360 Previews correct audio on slide 2, plays another slides audio when published.

Mar 20, 2017

The NOTES and graphics on slide 2 are correct.  The audio is correct when previewed, but the audio for a different slide plays when published.

Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a fix?

Sam

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

I see that Robert is working on your case and responded with the following troubleshooting steps to start:

I understand that the audio on Slide 2 plays another slide's audio in the published version. 

May I know if the issue persists, if you remove the audio? 

How about if you do the following: 
1) Insert a new slide after Slide 2 
2) Copy all the contents from Slide 2 except for the audio 
3) Reinsert the audio into the new slide 

Please let me know how these tests goes. 

I'd also agree with Walt's suggestion that if you're viewing the published output and had updated the previous course it could be that you're seeing a cached copy of it. Take a look at testing it in a new browser or using the private/incognito mode so that it's not accessing that cached copy. 

Let us know how those tests go, and I'll also give Robert a heads up on the work you're doing in this forum discussion! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Sam - if it's resolved by importing it's a good indication that there was something that happened in the file, not the whole of Storyline. I see that Robert was able to test your initial file as well and didn't replicate the issue with the odd audio playing on other slides. With that in mind, we'd need a bit more information from you about how you're able to replicate this bug - was there anything specific that happened just before the behavior? I know I've seen you around the forums before, so my guess is you've already confirmed you're working off local files vs. a network/shared drive? Also are you on the latest update of your version of Storyline? 

Walt Hamilton
Sam Clark

I can demo this via WebEx if  anyone is interested.

.story projects don't corrupt themselves... some sequence of events in SL 360 led to the corruption.  .

To whom it may concern: While this may be accurate technically, "some sequence of events" happens frequently to all versions of SL projects. Remember that a .story file is not a single file. Just like a .docx document, it is a complex web of many files. With so many moving parts, it is easy for "some sequence of events" to happen.

Loading, modifying, and saving a project  as well as network security settings and Windows OS's natural proclivity all play a part in project corruption. Enough of those are functions of SL to justify your thought that it  is too easy to overwhelm SL. But I think it is also justifiable  to say two additional things: "SL files will become corrupt", and "Frequent, incremental backups are best practice."

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.