SL 360 Reliability

Mar 05, 2018

I don't like saying this but it seems to me that the reliability of SL 360 is getting worse over time.  I am having to save work more frequently than ever in anticipation of the next lockup or crash.

I just clicked the "Insert Caption" icon and voila. SL 360 is completely unresponsive.  Task Kill and reboot to follow.

This is becoming routine.

9 Replies
Sam Carter
Matthew Bibby

I'm now back in the habit of hitting save every few minutes, which when working with large courses results in a lot of downtime.  

Odd that I just responded to support via email that I had the same issue.  After reboot, the problem doesn't occur again, but trust is gone. Frequent unneeded saves fill the void of trust.

Sam

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

I saw my colleague Victor reached out to you based on this discussion and a few others where you've run into problems with this. We're committed to chasing down this issues and getting the information to determine a fix. Please continue to keep Victor posted if you see it again, or even if you'd be able to connect with him so that he can look into your system and Storyline set up. 

Any information you can offer will help us track this one down! 

Rory Lavender

Thanks Matthew, I appreciate that. Yes, I outlined the issue here. But several hours later, and after a very frustrating year with Storyline, I began to wonder if it was time to consider a change as my company is getting ready to upskill a large number of developers on a global scale.  Up to now, it was just a small group of developers impacted by these glitches, but the impact is about to increase and I am concerned. I was wondering if I was the only one feeling this way! I started with Storyline 1, so I've been doing this awhile. It just seems like that the product is getting more unstable. It seems like every time I research something in the forum, it is a known issue with no real solution years after reporting. Not always of course, it just feels that way on some big issues.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.