SL-360 Triggers on closed slide layers are activating.

May 29, 2023

So, this is one I've not seen before. I accidentally realized that triggers on closed slide layers can activate before ever opening the layer. I double-checked just to ensure these triggers weren't somehow on my base layer, but they were not.

All of my slide layers are set to close other slide layers. Yet, as soon as I start the scenario, I can manipulate the sliders and dials on the base layer of the interaction, and a trigger on the corresponding slide layer will activate anyway, even if the layer isn't open.

My workaround is to just put transparent boxes and change their state to hidden when the user actually gets to the slide layer, but unless this is a "me" thing, this is a pretty big deal.

I am attaching a screen recording I did just to show what is happening. I'm unable to share the file, but hopefully, it helps show what is going on.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Noah,

Happy to help!

Thanks for sharing a video of the behavior you're experiencing. It looks like there are a lot of moving parts in your project, and troubleshooting the issue with just a video would be difficult. 

I understand that you are unable to share a copy of your project file here, but would you be able to do so in private with our support team? If that works for you, please open a case with our support team here and share your project file there. We can also provide you with an NDA if that will help.