SL360 Player Menu: Headings are jumping to the next slide

Apr 22, 2020

Hello, so I feel like I'm not the only person to be experiencing this issue because I saw a discussion posted about it from 3 years ago, but there was no indication that it has been resolved. 

I have a course using the built-in menu feature in the 360 modern player- the course has two parts, one which is already developed, and the second which has not been developed yet, but that I still want to add headings into the menu for, so that the client can see the final structure of the course. These headings are ONLY supposed to function as placeholders- they should not be clickable, as they are not connected to any specific slide.

However, it appears that the current default function of the player menu is to jump to whatever the next slide is when you click on a heading- this is extremely confusing, as the next slide has no relation to the heading (I can't even think of a scenario where you would want headings to function this way- isn't the whole purpose of menu headings to be there for structure, not to actually jump to anything? And why would you want a specific heading to randomly take you to the next slide?)

I can't find any way to remove this functionality, so that the headings are just there as title placeholders- I don't want the course going anywhere if you click on them. 

Is this issue going to be resolved any time soon? This is kind of a major problem if you need to add any headings into a course, that are just there for structural purposes. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply
Katie Riggio

Hi there, Lea!

I appreciate you taking the time to walk us through what you're seeing in the modern player!

We did have an issue in Storyline 360, where clicking a custom section header in the menu would not jump to the first slide in that section. We released a fix for this in Update 31.

However, it looks like there is something else at play here. I'd like to carefully review the course's structure so that I can understand what's causing the heading navigation. Would you mind sharing the .story file with me?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.