SL360 Variables with Conditions

Jan 27, 2021

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me please! 

I have two "Self Assessment" Slides with 10 statements on each slide that the user needs to input a rating value of 1-5 into a text box Variable. They need to enter a value in that range into all of the statements or the calculation on the 3rd slide will not compute. I have a "Whoops" layer created to prompt instructions if "the user clicks or swipes next to Jump to next slide" and these values have not been entered properly or missed altogether.  

I am unsure of the Trigger/Conditions I need to create to pull up the "Whoops" layer if the user doesn't complete the assessment as intended.

Any help to resolve would be most appreciated! File is attached for reference.

Thank you, 
Lori

5 Replies
Jeff Forrer

Hello.  You will want to switch the order of your triggers so that the Whoops comes after the Next trigger.  That way if it doesn't match the Next conditions on Next, it will hit the Whoops trigger.

I put in the first two conditions on the Next button but you will want to do it for all 10.  Condition is that the var has to be between 1-5 for all, otherwise it will hit Whoops! ;0) See attached.

Make sure condition is checking for the var in the text field, not the name of the field itself. (i.e. NumericEntry36 for the first field and so on.)

Lori Cook

Thank you Jeff! That worked perfectly!

Just one small glitch on the second self assessment slide. Now with the Whoops coming after the next trigger, when I click "try again" on the Whoops Layer, it automatically jumps to the next slide.  Could it be defaulting to a revisited state on the slide properties? Any ideas there?
Thank you again!