Slide Masters

Aug 17, 2022

Hi I am new to Storyline and I am trying to figure out my issue with Slide masters. I imported my slides from PPT, as I have to use a set style for slides that is produced by my agency. My issue is some of the slides that had circles in the place holders are now squares. I made the place holders on the slide have no fill color and added circle shapes as a background to the text. The issue is when I go to slide view the text boxes are present but not the circles. I have made sure that the order of objects is correct, so the picture image should be behind the circles but have not found the correct button or order to make this work. 

1 Reply
Walt Hamilton

It would be easier to know how to help if you will attach your .story file here. Nevertheless, I will hazard a couple of my early guesses.

1. When you import, the slides bring their own Master layout. If you haven't changed that to your master, right click on the slide and choose Apply Layout.

2. If the circles are shapes on the master, they will be behind any shape or picture on the slide.

Without seeing the file, I would guess that you need to put the circles on each individual slide, or put the picture on the master slide and change to a different layout when you need a different picture. Here's a sample of how I got it to work.