Software simulations

Jul 09, 2018

Hi,

I usually develop e-learning (simulations) for software (specific for the campany). I just started using Storyline and have the issue that the software screenprints (1024x768) become very small in a project (with  Modern player). Even though the story-size is custom 1280 x 960. 

Are there any tips&tricks to solve this? I hope the screenprints can keep their size 1024 x 768 and prefer to use the modern player.

7 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, AnneMarie.  Tell me a little more about where you're seeing the difference in slide size.  Is this happening in your published output when you host it on the web?  Do you have your sidebar menu open?

Here's a quick example I did where I started with a custom-sized screen recording with the modern player.  The slide size scales down a little with the menu open, but it displays at my custom slide size when the menu is collapsed.

If you can share your .story file or a link to your output, I'm happy to have a look at your project's behavior!

Annemarie Bergsma

Hello Chrystal,

Thank for your answer. Your screenrecording looks good.
I didn't use screenrecording because I cannot access the specific software with storyline. Storyline is installed in another environment. So I have to use screenshots and insert them as picture.
My story size is 1280x1024
The screenshots are 1024x768
In my project there's much more space around the screenshots, I would like to minimize that, like in your project.

I hope you can give me some advice :)

Crystal Horn

Hi Annemarie!  I got your files and replied via email.  Essentially, what I saw was that the slide was as tall as it could be vertically, and therefore would not stretch horizontally to fill the additional white space on the side in the browser window.  It looks like there is more extra space because of the additional blank space below the screenshot in your slide -- that space was necessary for a button on one of the slide layers.

My suggestion is to make the story size the same dimensions as your screenshot to give that image as much screen space as possible.

You can reply by email to the case, or here in the discussion with any questions!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Happy to hear you got the help you needed, Annemarie! 

It doesn't appear that there is anything sensitive in your signature, but I wanted to let you know it came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.