Sound Files

Jun 27, 2013

Has anyone experienced an issue where the sound file is missing from the timeline?  When I test the slide, the sound is absent, which is a function of the timeline issue.  I've experienced this on four slides now (all different files) and have to end up reimporting the sound file, reset cue points and such.  I'm curious how to avoid this issue .

Thanks for any and all help/advice!

Nate

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nathan! Are you experiencing this behavior with one Storyline file?  It may be best to import into a new project because that is not common behavior. Be sure that you are working on your local drive as well.

If you are having problems with more than one file or Storyline in general, this troubleshooting guide may help you.

If you continue to have difficulty, you may want to submit a case for us to have a look at.

Nathan Chambers

It happens on multiple files.  I've been having Storyline issues in general and then this is just one of the next issues in the sequence .  I do the same thing @April, I have to delete it as there is no other fix option.  Reimporting and then reediting it is required and then I simply reset the cue points.  I was curious how common this issue is and if there is a known root cause.  I've got a few files that have this issue happen on a couple of slides, but then I've got two files where every file has this issue.  Thanks for the helpful thoughts!

@Leslie, thanks for the troubleshooting guide!

Nate

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.