States

Nov 20, 2023

Hello. I noticed that the state of an object isn't always available. I am trying to make a text box in a hidden state. Later on, along the timeline, the state of the text box will change and now appear.

At the moment, I am unable to select the text box to choose the initial state to hidden until reaching a specified time. Any ideas?

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

Cindy,

Based on the image, I'd guess that what's selected is a group (not an individual item). 

• Groups do not have states. 
  • Items within a group do have states. 
  • FYI: Text on a colored background (like in the image) doesn't need to be a group containing a colored shape and a text box. Instead, it could be a text box with a filled background. Or, if a specific shape is needed, it could be a shape with the text entered directly into it.

Also, you can make any object or group appear at a specified time in the timeline by adjusting its starting point in the Timeline panel. No state changes or triggers are needed. Here's more info: https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360/articles/storyline-360-working-with-the-timeline#timing