STL 360 - Master Slide question: Why does a video in a Master Slide not look the same in the slide itself?

Mar 16, 2023

STL 360 version: 3.73.29904.0. Windows 10.

I am using a video as a background in my project. I put it in a Master Slide. There is text on top of it. But then that layout doesn't look the same in the slide itself.

Why? Can anyone explain the weird white bar at the bottom? Or why the text placement changes between the Slide and its Master Slide?

It seems crazy that I would put the same video into multiple slides over and over...this would make the project bigger. I want only one video in the Master...but why does the Master not "translate" properly to the slide?

And it’s fine in preview, but it’s kind of annoying that the slide doesn’t look like how it is supposed to from the Master.

Please see video of behavior showing the change in "display" between the slide and its Master

Thanks

Katie

3 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

Sorry that you're having that issue. I'm not sure why that's happening. Contact support@articulate.com and they can look at your project.

In the mean time, a workaround could be to grab the starting frame as an image and put on the master slide in a layout. This way you can get all of the text and whatnot aligned. Then when it's all set, just select all those slides and apply the layout with the video. That will at least let you work on the project and get things set correctly.

Also, just to clarify, if you use the same video throughout the course over multiple slides, it shouldn't increase your file size since it'll only use that one video in the output.

Katie Saunders

Tom! My forehead is red from slapping it so hard! Your workaround is great and I can't believe it didn't occur to me esp since I've done something similar before.

So whether you manually insert a video again and again, or copy and paste paste paste, STL doesn't see those as individual videos/files on each slide? That's good to know! I kind of figured a file is a file is a file and each takes up "space" throughout the whole project.

I will submit a support ticket but THANK YOU for the quick response and fix.

Thanks!

K