STL 360: Resume State and Prompt to Resume do not work.

Mar 20, 2024

Windows 10. STL V 3.86.32028.0

Can someone please look at my STL file and tell me where I'm messing up? I'm stumped!

#1. Prompt to Resume does not happen when re-opening the course. But it is selected in the Player. Is there something else preventing the prompt to resume box popping up?

#2. Resume Saved State does not work when re-opening the course after clicking one of the launch buttons. It starts all over again.

If a Learner leaves the course BEFORE clicking the green "complete" button, shouldn't this course open at the saved state of the gray visited button and the green complete box displaying?

Is it because this is only 1 slide? 

1 min video of behavior attached.

Thank you!

Katie

6 Replies
Katie Saunders

Yeah...I tried that already but get the same result. No prompt to resume. Video of that attached. It's all about Learner error if they just close the browser instead of clicking buttons. But we want them to see the gray/visited buutton and the complete green button when they go back in...instead it looks like they have to start over.

Katie Saunders

After reading this article https://community.articulate.com/articles/how-to-ensure-storyline-saves-object-states-on-a-click-and-reveal-slide, Resume Saved State doesn't work unless the Learner has gone forward a slide in the course. So it's just not going to work with how I have the slide set up. I inserted a blank slide with a trigger of jump to previous slide when timline reaches 1 sec. This allows the prompt to resume to show AND shows slide 1 on its Saved State.

So I think I was asking too much of a single slide....

Thanks!

k