story doc won't open
I recently convinced our company to switch from Presenter to Storyline, and, wouldn't you know it, I am having a serious issue with the very first storyline doc I developed. This was completed, and I had published it to see how the elements work in comparison with what I was familiar with. When I went to open the document again, it gave me this message:
We're sorry, something went wrong with Storyline and it might close.
Well, I'm sorry about that, too.
So I started digging, and here's what I have done thus far, and have had zero success opening this file. (And, yes, I did have it backed up, but had overwrote the back up just minutes before this started (before I published) and the backed up file doesn't open either.) I am running the latest Storyline via Parallels 7/Windows 7 on a new MacBook Pro 17. Here's my list:
1. Copied and renamed
2. Asked coworker to try and open both the backed up file, and the original with her version of Storyline.
3. Per the forum posts, uninstalled Articulate, ran the cleaner, reinstalled Articulate.
4. Tried importing the file into a new presentation
5. Looked at the file's info for differences, compared to another Storyline I have (that does open).
6. Created a new user profile in Windows.
7. Ensured the Microsoft setting (per the forum posts) is selected.
Nothing, nada, zip. Any suggestions? I'm a little embarrassed that I drove us to Storyline and now the very first project is bombing and going to have to be rebuilt. Any heroes out there? I need one now.