Storyline 2: Adding Dynamic Slide Numbers Simplified
This discussion demonstrates how to add dynamic slide numbers to a course within Articulate Storyline 2. And allow you to add, move, and delete slides without affecting the current slide number or slide count.
You should have an understanding of the following:
- How to create variables
- Now to navigate the to the slide master
- How to add variable references to a slide
// -- Get Player
var player = GetPlayer();
// -- get current slide number
// ---- NOTE: Quiz Question must be in the Scene and not Drawn from a Bank
var thisSlideIndex = story.allSlides[player.slideIndex].sceneSlideIndex+1;
// -- get Scene Slide Count
var thisSceneSlideCnt = story.allSlides[player.slideIndex].parent.slides.length;
2. Navigate to the triggers panel and create two number type variable for the scene slide number and scene slide count with default value of 0.
3. Navigate to each “Slide Master Layout” where you want to display the current slide number and scene slide count. Insert a text box with variable reference for vCurrentSldNum and vScneSldeCnt.
Note: The first variable reference is current slide number and the second is scene slide count.
%vCurrentSldNum% of %vScneSldeCnt%
4. Now publish your storyline course view using HTML 5 output.