Storyline 2 and 360 conflict

May 16, 2017

Do I have to uninstall SL2 to get the 360 trial?

14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Terry - can you try closing all the Articulate programs on your computer and restarting the system entirely? Then try to install Storyline 360 and let me know how it goes! 

If it's still not working correctly - I'll want to have you work with our Support Engineers so that we can dig into what is tripping up the installation! 

Mike Enders

Hi Terry,

If you use the Studio tools (Presenter, Quizmaker, Engage), then Studio 360 will be a significant upgrade in terms of workflow and output. One example is the new Presenter timeline where you sync your audio, animations, and annotations. It provides for live scrubbing of the slide and is a really awesome time saver. It's one of my favorite new features!

Mike

Heather Hallman

Helpful thread.  I have some original files created in Studio and need to edit in Studio before upgrading to SL2 or 360.  What's the best way to work in Studio if I have all three installed on my computer?  Ideally, I'd like to work in all three programs at different times.  What's the best way to achieve this ability?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Heather!

It sounds like you currently have Studio '13 installed on your computer, is that correct? 

You can have Storyline 2 and Storyline 360 installed on the same computer side-by-side. However, when you install Studio 360, previous versions of Studio will be uninstalled automatically.

That being said, you can work in Storyline 2, Storyline 360, and Studio 360 concurrently. Does that make sense?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.