Storyline 3 Player Preview issues on High DPI displays using Windows 10 Scale & Layout at 200%

Apr 06, 2021

Hello folks,

I'm having an issue that whenever I preview a slide on my main screen, the player buttons do not work properly! There is some sort of consistent pixel offset where the mouse coordinates are not matched to the UI elements.

You can see this issue clearly in the attached video. Whenever I click on a button, it doesn't work. But if I click below and to the right of the area, about 200 pixels or more, if I am careful, I can find the area that activates the button states and allows me to click.

I'm using a DELL XPS 15 7590 which is connected to two monitors.

The main display has a resolution of 3840x2160 while the other two displays are 1920x1080.

The main display "Scale and layout" is set to change the size of text, apps, and other items at 200% otherwise the entire user interface for Windows and all the apps is too small to use.

Display options dialog in Windows 10

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Anthony and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for sharing the details of what you see when previewing your Storyline 3 project file.

You mention that you are currently using 3 monitors and I've not used that high of custom scaling, so I'd like to ask a couple of additional questions:

• Does the DPI match on all 3 monitors?
  • Do you experience the same issue if you work directly on your machine without the additional monitors?