Storyline 360, a Mac, Parallels 13 for Mac, Office 365 for Windows and Publishing to WORD!

Sep 26, 2017

Hello Heroes!

I'm using Parallels 13 on my Mac so that I can use Storyline 360 for my client.  I went to Publish a Word document for Storyboard review and was AMAZED (sarcasm) at how fast it completed, wait for it, nothing!  In 2 seconds flat is was supposedly done.  Yet no file was to be found.

I jumped on E-Learning heroes and found this by Babette Novak,

"...It can get expensive to purchase this way:

Even though I have Mac Office, when I bought SL2 I had to purchase not only Parallels (to make it run) but also Windows Office. Windows Office allowed me to publish a SL file to Word; SL wouldn't publish to Word unless it was in the Windows environment. Ka-ching! Another otherwise-needless purchase down the tubes."

Having read Babette's response, I proceeded to download Office 365 to run in the Parallels 13 Windows 10 environment.  My result is that Storyline 360 is now just hanging out doing nothing that I can see.  If I click the "CANCEL" button, nothing happens.  The Publish window still shows even if I click on the 'X' in the top right corner.  I had force quit Storyline 360 without any Word document published.

What are your thoughts?  I need to meet deadlines.  Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Cheers,
Kenneth

8 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Kenneth and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

We recently had an update that covered an issue when publishing to Word:

The publish-to-Word feature in Storyline 360 and Studio 360 that temporarily stopped working has been fixed. Just install the latest software update. Here's how.

If Articulate 360 doesn't notify you right away about the new update, open your Articulate 360 desktop app, click the drop-down arrow next to your profile picture in the upper right corner, then choose "Check for Updates."

I also wanted to mention Articulate Review. This is a great way to collaborate with your client. Just wanted to share another idea.