Storyline 360 and iPhone

Nov 24, 2016

Hi everyone,

My dumbest doubt . Can I view/play a storyline 360 output in an iphone without using the safari browser or having to download the Articulate Media Player?

- Senthil R

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Senthil!

You can view/play Storyline 360 content on mobile devices using the following browsers without using the Articulate Mobile Player:

• Safari in Apple iOS 8 or later
  • Google Chrome in Apple iOS 8 or later
  • Google Chrome in Android OS 4.1 or later

Additionally, this article compares features supported in HTML5 vs. Articulate Mobile Player. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Michele Raye

Hi there - I'm trialing Storyline 360 and am having an issue on an iPhone.  I'm getting an error message:  The course cannot be played because Flash is unavailable on your browser.  I am running iOS 10.x, can't tell which version of Safari, and have installed Chrome.  

However, I don't know how to change, on my iPHone, what the default browser is.  So I'm kind of stuck, please we need for our learners to have this work seamlesslyy.  This is a deal breaker for me subscribing to 360, so I'm really hoping you can help me figure this out. 

Same module Storyline 2 published output does run, but of course it's not got the dynamic resizing, so isn't what I need.

Thoughts?

Nancy Woinoski

What format did you use to publish the course? If you published using the HTML5/Flash option it should work. If not then try using the HTML5 option only. 

Apple does not let you change the default browser on your phone, but I've read there are some apps you can install that enables you to get around this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.