Storyline 360 and LMS tracking of test scores

Nov 16, 2017

Hello all,

We are building a Storyline 360 course with multiple result slides and a total of 25 questions (passing score set to 80%). When we publish the zip in our LMS, the LMS tracks course completion and sends course completion notification several slides before the student has reached the result slide used for tracking progress.

For example, if the student consistently answers right, they will get a completion notification from our LMS before answering all questions (at around question #21). I also noticed that the LMS will refresh and increment the scoring as students keep answering correctly.

We are wondering if we are missing a setting in Storyline 360 to prevent it from sending the score to LMS until the student has reached the final result slide with a passing score.

I have uploaded a zip file with the LMS course, hoping you can help us.

Our export settings are: Flash with HTML5 backup, SCORM 1.2, LMS reporting set as Passed/Incomplete, Tracking is set to "Track using quiz results" and the result slide to report is the final result slide (slide 6.1).

Thank you!

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jose,

Thanks for sharing your file! Have you had a chance to test it in another LMS environment to see if the same thing happens there? 

SCORM Cloud is a good tool for this. We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out file issues versus LMS issues.  

Give this SCORM Cloud link a test, and let me know how it goes. I'll be standing by!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.