Storyline 360 and the use of open source components

Aug 19, 2022

We have a query from a client regarding the use of open source software:

They ask: The Supplier warrants that it does not and will not have Open Source Software embedded in any Deliverable and shall not use any open source Software for the purposes of creating the Deliverables, unless otherwise specifically agreed upon between the Parties in writing

Whislt I know that Storyline 360 is not open source, I would imagine it uses elements of open source component within it. Is there any official line I can get to help in my response to our client regards use of open source elements?

5 Replies
Jürgen Schoenemeyer
Math Notermans

Hi Jurgen,
I did notice spots in Storyline internal code too where THREEJS or something like that was mentioned...but never was certain Three.JS indeed was included in Storyline. If so that would be great as i am experimenting with Three.JS and 3d elements...

Are you sure Three.JS is included ?

Well easy enough to test...
THREE.REVISION in the console will give what version ( if any ) iof Three.Js is included...

Math Notermans

Correcting myself... As im sniffing down Articulate programme folders to change something... 
There is definately a folder with Three.min.js inside the Storyline's player folder.

3min

Unminifying the file its clearly a recent version of Three.js
Really have to spent some time finding out for what its used...