Storyline 360 - Can you keep closed caption from text to speech once you have added your own Voice over?

Jun 01, 2020

Hi

We use text to speech for review and then record Voice over audio. Is there anyway to keep the closed captions which are generated in text to speech once you add your own voice over? If I hide the text to speech it disables the closed captions for the slide. I know you can import them but that is slide by slide and takes a lot of time. Looking for some way to say time   thanks Anni

4 Replies
Anni McMahon

Hi Yes you can do this however it still slide by slide seems extra work when the caption are already there in the text to speech.

thanks

[cid:image002.jpg@01D638C1.C8789E80]Anni McMahon
Learning and Development Officer | Statewide Capability Development | Technical Training |
Engineering & Technology | IMD Division| Department of Transport and Main Roads

Rachel Cannon

Hi Anni,

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I wanted to share a solution I found in case anyone else has the same question.

To retain the caption file, right-click on the text-to-speech file and select Replace Audio, then select your audio file. Your captions will be applied to the new file. You might have to adjust the timing of the captions a little, but at least you don't have to start from scratch!

Cheers,

Rachel