Storyline 360 content cut off in Safari for mobile

Jan 06, 2020

Hi e-learning Heroes... I'm wondering if there is a known compatibility issue with Safari for mobile (v13.3, viewed on iPhone X) where content gets cut off at the bottom. You can't really scroll down.

The ratio is 16:9 and it's set to scale. It displays fine in Chrome for IOS.

Attached is how it looks.

Thank you!

9 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi there Inspire Group!

Happy to investigate this with you! First, would you mind sharing a screenshot of how the course displays on the iPhone X with iOS 13.3? 

Have you viewed the course on another Apple device such as an iPad and experienced the same outcome? I'm eager to see if the issue is Safari, Safari and iOS 13.3, or if there is a setting we need to change in Storyline!

Katie Riggio

Hello, Inspire Group team!

I created a sample file in Storyline 360, Update 35, and hosted the output file in Tempshare–here's the link.

The content displays correctly in Safari/iPhone 8/iOS 13—both portrait and landscape views:

pd

Could you try my link on your iPhone and let me know how it looks? Could I also grab what Storyline 360 update you're using to publish? You can find this detail by clicking on the Help tab, then About Storyline.

Excited to troubleshoot further!

Anglia Marjadi

Thanks for the speedy response, Katie. And thanks for the prototype. It still looks the same on iPhone X. I think iPhone 8 resolution is close to iPad, which is not as wide. I'm intrigued why SL doesn't actually force the content to fit, just like in other browsers.

Here is how your module looks on my phone. Worth noting that I haven't viewed it in full screen mode, anticipating that most of my audience would view this without fiddling the settings. Or is there a trick for SL to force full screen mode?

Katie Riggio

Thanks for working closely with us on this, Inspire Group team!

My teammate—who has an iPhone XR running iOS 13—viewed the same link, where the content displayed correctly. When you first launch a course, you might see a prompt to swipe up to go to fullscreen view. 

Let me know if swiping up helps enable that view in landscape. I'll be right here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.