Storyline 360 course freezing in random places.

May 15, 2018

Hi,

I published a course which freezes in random screens. I searched few forums and just found that this problem occurs for the past few years. But I didnt come up with any forums which clearly stated the reason or providing any solutions so far.

We face issues mainly when launching the course in IE. But we have no other choice, because we cannot insist on every course attender to not to use IE.

Can someone please enlist what are the factors that could cause this issue, and provide a solution if available.

Description about the course: The course contains around 15 low quality animated videos in mp4 format (but don't tell me this is the issue, because it wont sell). It has 5 or 6 interactive activities, then 25 quiz (questions and answers).

We are deciding to remove the videos and placing them as gif images, in case it resolves the issue. But for us, spending so much time in changing all the videos into gif images and reworking will be so expensive. At the same time we are not sure whether this could solve the freezing issue.

Can someone please help.

Regards,

Siva

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome, Sivakumar! Really sorry your course freezes at random points when in IE.

Can you tell me a little more about your setup?

• What version of Storyline 360 are you using? (We're on version 3.15.15581.0.)
  • Where is the published course hosted – an LMS or a web server?
  • This is truly a perfect opportunity to do some testing on/digging into your file. Are you able to share your .story file here or privately through this link?

We can help you get to the bottom of this, and will be standing by!

James Stpatrick

Hey Katie, 

I'm expecting the exact same issue, after having update Storyline, it went better but still, videos are randomly freezing. 
The file has been tested on Scorm cloud but worked well there. 

Any help on this?

Storyline 360 --version: 3.16.15842.0.
Host: Web server

Just shared the file 

Thanks in advance, 
best

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.