Storyline 360 | Drag-Drop - Performance issue iPad/Safari

Dec 24, 2019

Hello,

There is performance related issue when doing Drag-Drop activity.

After certain time, it is not possible to perform the activity at all.

I am able to replicate the issue on iPad/Safari/SCORM Cloud.

Steps:

1. Create a slide with drag-drop elements
  2. Published the file and host on LMS
  3. (on iPad) Now drag any element (don't drop) and see how smooth it is
  4. Drop back to its original position
  5. Now in the blank area of the slide do some swipes left/right, the slide will just move left/right. Do this for 5-10 times and now check the drag performance of any elements. We can feel, there is some lag while dragging. It will get increase if you will swipe few more times and after some time it will get completely stop. The performance getting down faster in client's LMS iOS APP.

I think, the swipe trigger code adding multiple events when doing swipe on the slide.

Is that possible to disable the swipe functionality completely inactive on slide?

Event after disabling the swipe navigation (under layer properties), it move the slide a bit left/right. It means, the navigation is disabled but the code is still active on slide.

May be a option needs to be add in drag-drop activity to disable swipe event code completely.

thanks,
Shailesh

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Shailesh,

Thanks for sharing what you are experiencing with your published course when viewing on an iPad in Safari.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Also, what version of iOS are you seeing these issues on?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.