Storyline 360 Drag & Drop Quiz

Aug 08, 2023

I'm building a quiz, from a template, that requires the learner to drag a photo to its appropriate description. The template includes a round picture, but my pictures are square/rectangular. When I replace the picture from the template with my picture, the round template isn't big enough, cutting off much of my picture. Making my picture smaller makes no difference. Increasing the template picture doesn't give me more room for my picture. What do I have to do so the template pictures accommodates my pictures?

5 Replies
Rik Barnes

Thanks, Sarah for the suggestion. The problem that I'm dealing with isn't so much the shape, as such. It's the fact that when I replace the picture with one of my own, my picture is cropped so it fits into the shape. Changing the size of the shape changes the size of my picture along with it, still displaying the same portion of my cropped picture, only now enlarged. Reducing the size of my picture before inserting into the slide makes no difference. Not sure if I'm explaining it well enough. But when I replace a picture in a drag-and-drop slide, I'd like my picture to be resized, in its entirety, to fit into the slide's shape.
Thanks!
Rik

Eric Santos

Hi Rik,

I'm happy to chime in! I tried reproducing the issue on my end, but I see a different behavior than what you described; the new picture is resized based on the new dimensions and not cropped to fit the size of the old picture.

Would you be willing to share a copy of the Storyline template here, as well as the image you are using to replace the original? I'd like to run some tests on my end so I can make better recommendations. You can also share it privately in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing!