Storyline 360 freezes when I try to access Player Settings

Mar 15, 2021

Hi there,

I'm extremely frustrated as Articulate 360 keeps freezing anytime I try to access the player settings - I need to update the navigation and make sure that the controls aren't visible as I've made changes to this existing course and control navigation through buttons I include.

I have saved the file, rebooted my PC, and reopened the file to try again - I've done this a few times with no luck.  The desktop app simply freezes when I click Player settings and I have kill it using the Task manager in Windows 10.

Everything on my PC is up to date.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any thoughts on how to get around it?

Cheers

8 Replies
Marc Koenecke

Update:  This is weird but makes sense given that the ESC key worked.
If I move Storyline to my second display a much smaller 19", from my main 27" display, the Player settings popup window appears above the application.

Does anyone know of a way that I can reset Articulate or is it just not happy with the 4K Benq HDR screen I'm using as my main display? 

Ren Gomez

Hi Lionel,

Thanks for reaching out, and I"m sorry you're running into some issues with HD monitors! I see some related bugs we have reported, but I'd like to have our team look at the scenario you're experiencing and confirm if that's the case.

I've opened a case on your behalf with our support team to take a closer look and provide better insight to figure out why this is happening!

Marc Koenecke

Hi Ren,
Thanks. Happy to work with your team to improve Articulate 360.
FYI: The monitor in question is a BenQ SW271, I've made sure that I'm running the correct drivers.
Cheers
Lionel

"Please consider the environment before printing this email."

"The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail, or telephone and delete all copies. ACH Group does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not secure; therefore ACH Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files."

Kelly Auner

Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with accessing the player settings. I'm happy to help troubleshoot.

Please try these steps to determine if this is a scaling issue:

1. Open Storyline Shortcut and do a right-click.
2. Open the properties, now click on the tab "Compatibility."
3. Choose below the button "change high DPI-properties."
4. On High DPI scaling override, tick "Override high DPI scaling behavior."
5. Set Scaling performed by "System."

If this doesn't solve the problem, I would like to connect you with one of our Support Engineers to investigate this further. You can get in touch with our team, here!