Storyline 360: Increasing the speed of screen recordings

Sep 24, 2018

I have done this in Articulate 360 previously, last month, and now I cannot. When I was able to do it, I think, I just set the duration to be shorter and it played faster now that doesn't seem to be working.

The previous time when it worked was on a normal screen recording. This time I am working with a screen recording in try mode. Would that matter?

Edit: looking back at that file maybe I didn't make it go faster. I thought I did but when I do a preview it doesn't. Though my online file it is faster.

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kyle!

I'm thinking that you used View Mode Step-by-step slides the previous time you worked with a screen recording. On those slides, you can extend or shorten the mouse animation and the timeline, which will speed up or slow down the screen recording playback.

With Try Mode Step-by-step slides, it's up to the learner to determine how quickly they move through the slides. Try mode slides require the learner to click or type on-screen before moving on to the next slide.

Let me know if that clears up the confusion!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.