Storyline 360 issue _ Jerk in state change

Jan 03, 2018

I am not certain if this has been discussed before....

but here's my issue...i have recently switched to articulate 360 and republished course using storyline 360....post this every state change animation has gone haywire. there's a jerk, change in the character's position and even size. 

can anyone please help how to fix?   

15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for reaching out, Doyal. Really sorry you're running into this issue. We do have a problem similar to the one you described reported to our QA team. Would you mind if I had a look at your file to ensure the problem you're seeing is related to that bug?

You can attach the original, unpublished file to a new thread comment, or send it to our team privately here. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Kari - I popped in to check on Doyal's case and I do not see where he shared the details there either. Hopefully he'll be able to pop in and help you out. You are certainly welcome to reach out to the user directly via the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile if you do not hear back soon.

If you need us to take a look at anything, feel free to share with our team here.

Ros McNamee

Experiencing this issue 1 year later with no resolution from Articulate. This is a massive bug that renders your state changes useless. It's obviously a bug because it happens sporadically. One playthrough it'll happen on the 2nd state change, sometimes the 3rd. It's inconsistent and gives the content an unpolished look and feel. Where are the devs with this issue? 

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Ros!

I completely understand, and I'm sorry you're facing this issue. I'm going to open a case for you with our Support Engineers so we can have a closer look at the flickering and explore approaches from there. 

You'll get a confirmation email with an upload link. If we can have permission to test your .story file, that would be gold! We'll delete it after troubleshooting.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Asya! 

Our team hasn't found a workaround for this bug yet. We are continuing to keep the bug report up-to-date with recent comments, so I'll add your details as well. Our team is currently prioritizing other bug fixes at the moment so I don't have a timeline to share. When we have more information will come back to update this discussion!

Lauren Connelly

Hi all!

I am happy to report that we are not seeing this behavior in Storyline 360 (Build 3.49.24347.0):

• Object flickers when changing state in HTML5 output.

If you're still running into this snag, make sure you're using the latest version of Storyline 360.

Don't hesitate to reach out to us in this discussion or in a support case if you have additional questions!

Va Eagle

Hi Lauren, I'm currently having this issue with a .png to .gif state character and gif to gif state character.

The first character's normal state is a png. When the user selects a certain point on the screen, the character moves along a motion path towards that point and switches states to a gif. When the character moves along the motion path, it often disappears for a whole second or more while viewing in Chrome.

The same issue happens with the second gif-to-gif character.

This is frustrating because it's been a known issue for 7+ years. What should be a smooth operation ends up being a glaring issue. With a need for quick turnarounds at work, I may be forced to have a less-than-engaging activity for my learners.