Storyline 360 LMS zip file not updating

May 16, 2023

This is my first time uploading a Storyline 360 LMS zip file (only worked in SL 3). When LMS testing I found a mistake and when I tried to upload the newer version it stays the same - no updates shown. However, shows up in the Web version so I know the change took (and indicates the new modified date/time), just not LMS zip file - it doesn't indicate at all that a change was made. Help!

2 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hello Blythe!

Welcome to authoring in Storyline 360! It sounds like you had some questions about your revised Storyline 360 SCORM package updating when uploading it to your LMS. I'd be happy to offer some insight on that!

As an initial troubleshooting step, we would recommend testing both of your courses (original + revised) in SCORM Cloud. It's an online LMS environment that can be used to figure out whether the issue is with the LMS or the .story file itself. If you test your courses on SCORM Cloud and are unable to reproduce the same behavior, then your issue is likely LMS-based.

Testing this out on my end, the revisions I made to a Storyline 360 course did carry over when I re-uploaded the updated zip package to SCORM Cloud. Everything was working as it should!

I recorded a couple of Peeks to show you my results:

Also, I wanted to share this helpful article with steps on how to test a Storyline 360 course with SCORM Cloud.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Joseph Francis

Depending on the learning management system, once you are enrolled in an eLearning course, any re-attempts will continue to be directed to that version of the course, even if there is a newer version which supersedes it (those who enroll AFTER the new version is uploaded would see the latest version). I've personally had that in a few LMS'; that "feature" can be both a blessing and a curse.