Storyline 360 - MAC

Mar 24, 2022

Hello, 

I hope all is well!  

One of our Instructional Designers using a MAC and is unable to utilize Storyline at this time.  Please let us know IF Articulate plans to provide options for users with a MAC to access all Articulate products in the future.  Thank you!

5 Replies
Serg Rodriguez

They will never create a Mac-compatible version. Which is incredibly frustrating. This question has come up for as long as I can remember (10 years +?) and the answers is the same - use a virtual PC environment (which I find mind-numbing). All of their competitors work on PC and Mac.  I just went from using a MacAir to an iPad, so I decided to transition Abode Captivate. I wish I had earlier. It’s not as good a software as Storyline, but it’s fine and I have more confidence in Adobe improving Captivate than I do in Articulate supporting Mac users.

Selorm Kosi

I agree, I'm Mac user and I just realize I can't either. It's just insane to think you'd have to pay for Parallels Desktop to use Articulate360 is annoying. So This is what I did: 

I use UTM to get windows 11 or 10 for free without having to pay for a parallel desktop

This is free

UTM | Virtual machines for Mac (getutm.app)

Follow installation instructions here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWT5RGt26Ag