Storyline 360 - Menu entries in TOC are now malfunctioning!

Dec 28, 2018

We import PPTs and drastically change them in Storyline.  I've noticed that we are experiencing a new problem.  The top level menu (TOC) entry has now become a next button??? When you click on anything in the menu, you are advanced to the next page in your lesson.  We are using the black modern player. There's been an update or 2 recently with our software, but this seems to be a bug that's showing up in the past week, as i'm publishing 5 lessons a week this month and have only noticed this issue a few days ago.  What's happening?

Thanks!

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Tim,

That certainly does not sound like the expected behavior. I'd be happy to help you out with this.

• Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?
  • If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise to import the file into a new one and proceed.

If you'd allow us to take a look with you, feel free to share your .story file.

tim blanz

This has started happening in the last week or so. I have a giant course with 22 individual lessons that are each 20 minutes long.  They have a very basic TOC and each has 2 Storyline simulations imported into them, recorded with Storyline or Camtasia MP4. Unfortunately, I cannot share these as we are an IT Security SaaS company with deep IP. The course/lessons I created a month ago have the same workflow and have zero issues with the TOC.  ?

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for the additional details and the troubleshooting that you've gone through Tim.

Since the issue seems to be limited to one project, have you tried importing your slides into a new project to see if this eliminates the issue you are experiencing?

You are welcome to work with our team privately here and an NDA can be signed as well if needed.

tim blanz

I found the solution! It's how our PPTs are setup.  We have multiple lessons separated by a drop down arrow (twisty) in our PPT menu and this confuses Storyline.  I used the reset button for the TOC in Storyline, and removed the pages I didn't wish to show in the TOC, but left the Title slide and 1st page of each section in the Storyline menu.  Works like a charm.

Chantal Callow

I am have a similar weird problem with a TOC. My course as a few scenes, but the branching is not necessarily from the end of one to the start of the next.  For the most part the end of the second will go back to a slide in the first which then branches to the third and so on.

I have many hidden slides in the TOC because there are demonstrations for which I can' t show all the slides in the TOC.

Unless I navigate from slide 1 though X in sequence, things go wrong. If I watch part of the first section and then click on the 4th, it just advances to the next and the next in the first section.....

Help!!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.