Storyline 360 not closing with Mac Parallels

Feb 24, 2022

1. Hello! I am in the trial of Articulate and I love the program. What I don’t love is that it just crashed on me 😩I can‘t seem to close my storyline pages. And when I try to update or uninstall the program it gives me the message to close the program first. However I don’t seem to be able to do that. I looked at many different threats in here and parallels and tried different things but nothing worked so far…Can anyone help? 
    Thank you! Elena
5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Elena!

I'm so sorry for the trouble! I've noticed this occurs when working on a network or shared drive.

We recommend always saving and publishing Storyline projects on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive). Working on a network drive or an external USB drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency. For example, it could cause file corruption or prevent you from saving changes. 

Are you saving your projects locally or to a network drive?

Elena Collett

When I hover over the storyline tab on the button of my screen it shows opened pages that I can’t open or close. If I try to uninstall or update it tells me to close them but I have yet to be able to do so. I even reinstalled Parallels and it continued the same way. No change. 🤔