Storyline 360 Preview Synch Problem

Jun 11, 2019

I have had to pause updating Storyline 360 as of the April 11th, 2019 update (3.26.18601.0).  I communicated with your Technical Support, but they didn't read my report and I was too frustrated to deal with copy and paste responses. 

The problem happened with the May 7th update (3.27.18822.0).  No trouble installing or launching program.  But when I went to Preview a slide, scene or project, the seekbar ran slowly and audio and timeline actions were no longer in synch.  It didn't matter if I closed all applications, restarted, uninstalled / re-installed Storyline.  It didn't matter what SL file I viewed; new vs. old.  It makes no difference. 

The cause is clear.  I install the May 7th or May 28th updates - There is a problem with Preview.  I uninstall either of these update and go back to the April 11th update - No problemo with Preview.  

This problem is a "show stopper."  I can no longer install updates and I badly would like to take advantage of some of the  recently released features.  

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience.

It looks like you reached out early with the issue prior to it being fully identified and verified. I understand that can be a difficult process, but it is helpful for our team to be able to take a look at those project files when we are unable to replicate reported issues.

We do have reports of similar issues and this has been filed with our team - the very next day of you reaching out. I'll add this conversation and make a note on your support case so that we can update you when we can.

The solution in the interim was to rollback to Update 26, which sounds like you have done.

Tim Spaid

I am waiting to hear when this reported problem is resolved.

I'm going to request a refund if I'm unable to take advantage of new
features. I can't believe an issue as major as the ability to Preview
slipped through your QA processes.

I appreciate an update. I had hoped you support CRM platform could keep me
informed on a regular basis.

Tim Spaid

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tim,

I checked in with our team on this issue, as we've had difficulty replicating the slow preview in update 27 and beyond (we're now on Storyline 360, build 3.29.19305.0). 

I don't see that we have a file or video showcasing this issue from you, and that would be really helpful to our continued investigations. Are you able to share one with me here or send as a part of your Support case? We're happy to take a look and continue troubleshooting with you from that point! 

Vincent Scoma

Hey Tim,

I have good news!

We just launched the newest version of Storyline 360 (3.31.19951.0), this morning which fixed the issue you were seeing when previewing a course. You can review more on our latest update here: Storyline 360 Version History

The next step is to update Storyline 360 by heading to your Articulate 360 desktop app and clicking "Update" next to Storyline 360.

As always, we are happy to answer any questions you have by posting in this discussion or you can contact our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.