21 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jenna,

The steps Alyssa shared would be for the screen recording that was conducted with audio, not for audio added after the fact. 

If you wanted to capture both of those elements into a video file, you could look at recording the playback of your audio/video with another instance of Storyline or use a tool like Replay which will publish to MP4.

Hope that helps! 

AG Irbe

This is a great feature. However, although I can publish to Mp4 for two test projects that had two-ten slides and one scene, I am trying to publish a two scene, (approx 30 slides) piece to Mp4. It ran for 3 hours (stuck at almost the completion point). I am able to publish this latter project to LMS, Web, CD, but not to video. I need to have it in MP4. I can't find any troubleshooting tips. help?

Alyssa Gomez

Hey there AG!

By chance, does your project contain step-by-step screen recording slides? If so, that's the culprit. We're seeing a problem in Storyline 360 where projects that contain step-by-step screen recording slides don't successfully publish to MP4. 

Let me know if that matches what's happening in your file! If not, we'll keep digging. 😊

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 13 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where publishing to a video file would fail if the project contained step-by-step slides.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

Michelle Fisher

I have the 3.13.15006.0 version, but I am also having issues with publishing to MP4. I recorded my screen, but did not use the step by step option. The audio was not captured with the recording and was added into the timeline.

Normally when I publish for AICC or SCORM the publication will only take about 15-20 minutes. When publishing to MP4 it took over an hour and the  video is not matching the project as it was setup in Storyline or how it displays in Preview. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michelle,

Publishing to MP4 may behave a bit differently than your Preview or a standard publish, as Storyline has to make decisions on how to advance based on the triggers you included. 

As for the audio piece, if it's missing upon publishing and you had standard audio added or as a screen recording video on a single slide it sounds like something we'd want to take a look at! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.