Storyline 360 Randomly adding up to 10 minutes of dead air

Aug 05, 2019

I have a problem which has occurred several times before. I was working on a slide, and after moving a couple of grouped items around and aligning them properly, I found that the slide went from 41 sec in length to 682 sec in length. Storyline somehow doubled the length of the slide and added an additional 10 minutes. There is nothing I did that could possibly have caused this.  I cannot recreatte this, so I don't know exactly when it happened. Even if the curser were at the end of the original slide and I re-added the audio, it would only be 82 seconds. And having been here before, I know it's a LONG task to undo what Storyline has just done.

3 Replies
Patrick Naillon

Well, I was able to fix the damage, which was difficult as I had to unlock and open up every single item on the screen including dozens of images, and since they were all cramped down to a fraction of a second at the end of the timing (684 seconds remember), I had to reset them all to "View Always" so that I could drag the end of the timer back to 42 seconds.

However, in fixing everything and keeping everything but what I was working on locked, the same issue STILL cropped up, and I had an 84 second long video. Luckily this time, I didn't have to undo every picture and set to view always, I just dragged the timer back to the 42 second level.

Jerry Beaucaire

I can't comment on why it happened, but it should not be a long task to fix the end of the timeline, just a couple of seconds.

1. Jump to the end of the timeline
  2. Grab and hold the end of the timeline as if you were going to drag to left, don't drag
  3. While holding, tap the left arrow key, the timeline end should jump to the left where the end of the content really is.
Katie Riggio

Hi, Patrick. Thank you for keeping us in the loop, and I'm sorry you ran into that!

While I'm glad to hear you're up and running, I'm with you: That time jump should not have happened. I recommend doing a simple Storyline 360 repair to be safe! 

If you run into this strange behavior again while building out your course, please keep us in mind. We're in this together!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.