Storyline 360 repeatedly crashes with low memory messages

Jul 22, 2021

Hi all.

I am using Storyline (Build 3.53.25436.0) on several projects, some of them with few slides.
While working the ram usage increases rapidly and when the memory usage reaches 1.5 gb (I see this in the task manager window) Storyline crashes with low memory messages (see attached screenshots).
All my projects are on my local drive.
I use Storyline on a laptop with a 11th Gen Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD.
I have reinstalled Storyline several times, but the problem persists.

5 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Marcello,

I'm sorry to hear you're consistently running into low memory errors appearing! It sounds like you're taking the right steps in saving your file locally, and I appreciate the images as added support.

I've opened a case on your behalf to connect you with a support engineer who can dig deeper into the root of the issue and help eliminate those errors.

Be on the lookout for a reply soon!

Kris Nagy

Thanks, Ren. I'll get in touch with support. Just as a general note, multiple people at my company are having this issue also. I'll send a screen recording that shows my Task Manager and SL running and what happens when I do simple things like click on the canvas. I've only got 18 slides and I just reinstalled it last week.

Just wanted to let you know that I think it's a broader issue. Thanks!

John Morgan

Hello!

Good news! Today, we just released Storyline 360 Update 68 (Build 3.68.28773.0) which included the fix for the bug where project files might not save due to low system memory on computers with Intel Iris Xe Graphics hardware.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case.