Storyline 360 Responsive Player: Help!

Nov 14, 2016

When Storyline 360 first got released, it tells us of the one feature that most of us have eagerly been waiting for. The Responsive Player. 

And quickly, I did not hesitate to try it out. As far as I am concerned, it is no different from SL2. Unless I am doing something wrong, I do humbly ask for help from my fellow esteemed heroes.

I have attached an example. This piece of work is to be packaged as SCORM and uploaded to a LMS for my company's Training Institution.

Please advise. Thank you.

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Lyon!  Thanks for checking out Articulate 360!  Here is a video tour of our new responsive player to show you what you should experience with your Storyline 360 course on multiple devices.

I noticed on your course that you had one slide with no Previous or Next buttons, so just for illustration, I added a slide from our new Content Library to be able to navigate and see what the new Previous and Next controls look like.

Here's a link to the SCORM version of your course with my edits.

Here's a few screenshots of what'll be different with your course, starting with iPhone in portrait mode:

portrait    the ability to pinch to zoom:zoom

and to show what the Player would look like if you included Previous and Next buttons, here's my iPad in portrait and landscape views.  Previous and Next are out of the way at the bottom of your slide content:

iportrait  

And in landscape, instead of "Prev" and "Next," the navigational controls are moved out of the way and are on the right of the content in the form of back and forward arrows:

ilandscape

You can also swipe between slides if you are using Previous and Next buttons.

I hope that demonstrates a little better a more built out course with a player that responds to your device!

Lyon Lionel Wong

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for your help.  Actually I was kinda hoping that it would be like Articulate Rise. Right now, I am still getting the same effect after applying the above be it SL2 or SL360. 

Quick question though, I've made a huge mistake of deleting my backup file. Is there anyway we users can save the new SL360 file down to SL2 now?

Cheers.

Ali Goulet

Hi Lyon,

Storyline 360 files are not backwards compatible so you won't be able to convert it back to Storyline 2 format. Because of this, Storyline 360 will automatically create a backup of your Storyline 2 course when you go to upgrade. I saw you mentioned having deleted your backup, but I just wanted to let you know incase you were referring to one you had previously saved and not the one that Storyline 360 creates for you. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.