Storyline 360 - Save and restore window arrangements

Oct 27, 2017

I love the fact that Storyline (finally) allows us to undock windows and place them where ever needed on the desktop. However, there seems to be an important part of this missing:  We have to re-open and setup the arrangement every time we launch Storyline.

We'd like the option to save and recall multiple window arrangements to support different development tasks, i.e., editing notes, formatting text, blocking in audio, placing graphics, tweaking the timeline, coding & triggers, and so forth. This is possible in most other applications and I'm surprised I can't see it in Storyline.

Does anyone know how to save/recall window arrangements in Storyline? Is this even possible?

Thanks.

6 Replies
Walt Hamilton

I'm not sure what you're asking. If I undock the states, notes, triggers, they stay undocked, in fact they stay on the specific monitor I left them on.

As far as formatting text, placing graphics that sort of thing falls under the category of drop down menus, and I wouldn't expect them to stay put, unless they are specifically undockable.

S.  Dyson

My original post is a request about whether this is possible. As it seems it is not, then it’s now a feature request. I don’t believe such requests should be silenced because critical issues currently exist that require the programmers’ attention. I’m confident they know how to set priorities for their own work. Nobody’s asking them to drop everything for a feature request. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mobius,

Thanks for checking in! This feature hasn't bubbled up to the top of our roadmap, but we're still listening to the feedback!  If having this ability is something that would improve your experience using Articulate you can submit a feature request here. Here's a bit more about how we work to prioritize feature requests.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.