Storyline 360 Slide won’t Preview

Mar 31, 2022

I am working in Storyline 360 and keep getting slides where they won’t preview. I have deleted slides and recreated them but then the next slide won’t preview. 

I am using the latest version of SL 360. I uninstalled it and reinstalled. I have the *.story file on my C drive desktop. The file name is just “GoldenTriangle” so it’s short. 

I’ve searched for this topic and all discussions are at least a year old. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this?

3 Replies
Deb Kiger

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response.

I’m able to preview similar slides with the same or similar characters, objects, fonts, colors, buttons, triggers, states, and variables. 

I don’t know how to roll back to a previous version so I’d have to contact support. (Thank you for the link.)

I’ll post again here after I’ve gotten some sort of resolution. 

Thanks,

Deb

Deb Kiger

Hi Sam,

Well, I kept going from slide to slide where I’d create a new blank slide for each one that wouldn’t preview. Then, I’d add back in each element (character, object, etc), one at a time, checking along the way to ensure the new slide would preview. Once I had a fully functional new slide, I’d replace the bad one with it. This process eventually worked. 

Thanks,

Deb