storyline 360, slides timeline

May 02, 2017

Hi!

I designed a complex slide and everything is working fine, except that for some reason there is  a delay in the beginning.  There are about 7 seconds when nothing happens.  All the interactions are aligned with cue points.  My question is, can I eliminate somehow the first 7 seconds of the timeline without having to move the interactions one by one? Basically I need to move everything to the left by 7 seconds, without disrupting any of the cue points and animations.

Can anyone help?
thanks!

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Ana,

If you have empty space at the beginning of the timeline, you can move all of the timeline objects back at once by selecting the first object, hold down the Shift key, and select the last object. Once all objects are selected, click and drag the group to the left. 

If you don't have empty space at the beginning of the timeline but you're still seeing a delay, I'd like to take a peek at your file. Could you attach it here in this thread?

Ana Poratelli

Hi, Alyssa! That problem was fixed. I'm sorry I didn't answer before.

I have a much bigger issue. I do a lot of quizzes for different teachers. I would like to use the quizz slides inserting them into the courses, but within the tenplates. To make things easier and faster, I tried importing from excel.  But when I do, the format from the  template is gone.  For example, let's say I want to end a course with an exam with 10 questions. At the end I add a quizz slide for multiple choice from the resonance design. I then do import questions from an excel file and they get imported in the plain design as if it were a new blank scene. Even if a try it in a new scene, I can't get the template design to work. It would be very helpful if this could be done, because I waste too much time adding the questions manually one by one. Is it possible?

Thanks for your help!

Ana

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Anna,

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. It sounds like you're trying to apply the Resonate question template from the Content Library, but the formatting is giving you trouble.

I'm seeing the same behavior on my end, so I'm going to bring this to my team so we can determine next steps. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course if that’s the case, I’ll let you know!

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry it's slowing you down.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Anna,

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where:

Content Library question layout does not apply correctly to a new question slide.

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. Here's how.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.