Storyline 360: text box at first not big enough after state change

Apr 16, 2018

Hi everyone,

I created a quiz where when you click yes ("ja") the state of the yes answer changes and you see a longer text instead. The problem is, when I click yes and don`t move the mouse away, the yes-answer-textbox becomes bigger but doesn`t move where it`s supposed to, which means the text is overlaying the other answer. Once I move the mouse the text box moves into it`s correct  shape like specified in the state settings.

What can I do so the correct text form forms appears right away when you click yes?

Here is the link to the project:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/7ba7fda7-9242-45b5-b1ca-96ebd546d35d/review

8 Replies
Anna Liu

Hi Marlene,

Thank you for providing your .story file. :)

What resolved the issue was the removal of the the Hover state for "Ja."

From slides view -> Click on "Ja, <plus the addtl texts>", go to States -> Edit States -> Select Hover -> Click on Delete State button -> then finally, click Done Editing States.

Kindly let us know of the results on your end. Hope this helps!  

Anna Liu

Hi Marlene,

Apologies I should've considered that in the beginning of the tests done. Good thing Storyline 360 is flexible and it gave me the chance to play around with triggers. Changes made were reflected in the attached .story file (Slide 1.1) . 

The following steps made it possible to maintain both hover and the correct long answer:

• From Base Layer: Removed Selected state for Ja.
  • Created a new layer (Untitled 4): Copied the Selected state for Ja (with long answer) here.
  • Back to Base Layer: Created triggers for each of the Radio Buttons

Please let us know if these steps work for you. :)

Marlene Koch

Hi Anna Liu,

thanks for trying and your solution did solve the prblem with the text appearance when you click on it. However, because there is a new radio button on a new layer the question fuction doesn`t work anymore (when I select yes and want to submit it it says I haven´t selected an answer). 

Also I was hoping to avoid inserting another layer. Is there really no technical solution in which the "selected" answer appears in it`s right format AND I get to keep the cover state?

Anna Liu

Hi Marlene,

Thank you for pointing out this issue. You are correct, it is important that the items included in quiz form should have the selected state so that when submitted, will be able to function as expected.

I've proceeded to remove the unneeded layer and went ahead to create another radio button 3 in Base layer.

This radio button 3 (will now have Ja with short answer) only has 2 states: Normal or Hover -> thru this we can still make use of the hover state. When clicked, its state will be hidden and radio button 1 (Ja with long answer) will then appear and will be changed to selected state.

I've also included another updated .story file for your reference. Kindly let us know if this works for you. 

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.